We all know before going to London that all students are responsible for their own flight, and transportation to Regents University. That being said it would save everyone time and stress if we all prepare efficiently.
As Dr. Susan Coleman reminded us all, this is NOT a fashion show! Some quick reminders we could are use are:
– Put valuables, papers (including a valid passport), medication and one change of clothing in a smaller bag that will be your carry-on bag at the airport.
– Temperatures stay mild, usually from 6 degrees Celsius (43 degrees Fahrenheit) in winter to 20 degrees Celsius (70 degrees Fahrenheit) in summer.
– Snow and ice are rare in London. What makes winter miserable is the rain and the ongoing dampness.
– Bring a waterproof jacket or umbrella.
– Use smaller items like socks, rolled up t-shirts and underwear as fillers.
Packing bulky things like shoes along the edge of a suitcase provides more room.
– Pack only what you know will be used.
– Use travel size or small containers for toiletries. (Over 3 oz. of shampoo or ant liquid will be thrown out or taken at the security checkpoint or customs in the airport)
– Unless you’re tied to certain types of shampoo, consider waiting to buy most of your toiletries in London.
Remember – business casual for all activities and functions besides free-days and pre/post travel!
Also, if you want to purchase a bottle of water for the flight over, don’t do it until after you go through security at the airport. If you buy it before, they will not allow you to take it through. After you go through security there will be shops where you can buy water.